I’m not found in malls all that often, but whenever I am you can be sure I’ll leave with at least a handful of chocolate covered strawberries. Honestly, good chocolate dipped strawberries are strangely hard to find, and even in the depths of shopping mall chocolate boutiques they can be difficult to come by (you should see my face when Godiva is sold out). It recently dawned on me that instead of pushing my way through the crowds at the Eaton Centre I could just try making my own, and what better time than Valentine’s Day right?
Simple to make, crazy delicious, and oh so slightly floral, this recipe definitely rivals any other chocolate covered strawberry I’ve tried- plus, it’s vegan! Wrap up a batch to give to each of your Galentines February 14th, or enjoy an entire box to yourself with a bottle of champagne and The Notebook (we promise we won’t judge.)
Vegan chocolate chips
Rosewater (ideally with oil listed as an ingredient)
Sprinkles of your choosing
Prep by making sure your strawberries are as cold as possible, and pre-freeze a baking sheet or plate to rest them on once dipped.
1. Melt your chocolate and coconut oil together in double boiler using the ratio 3/4 cup chocolate chips to 1TBSP coconut oil.
2. Once the chocolate and coconut oil are fully melted, add a drop or two of rosewater and stir.
3. Start dipping the strawberries into the chocolate, twirling them slightly before setting them down on your pre-chilled surface (ideally a plate or marble platter)
4. Sprinkle each strawberry with, well, sprinkles!
5. Pop the strawberries in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to let the chocolate set before moving to the fridge.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy for up to 3 days, or gift to your galentines!
Party Supplies via Meri Meri