When we were visiting LA a few months back, one of our favourite meals was an all vegan Mexican feast at Gracias Madre in West Hollywood. The atmosphere was perfection and the food was incredible, but it was the snow cone/popsicle cocktails that really took the cake. When our friends at teapigs asked us to dream up a tea-infused cocktail creation, we decided popsicles were a non negotiable. After all, sunny Spring afternoons are just around the corner… right?
The key to this Mojito-inspired recipe is the peppermint tea simple syrup we made, and I promise, it really is oh so simple. We opted to use store bought popsicles this time around, but we welcome you to make your own with fresh fruit, juice, tea, or even a hint of your favourite liqueur to add an extra kick to the cocktail!
Scroll down for the full recipe + details on how to enter the BEST giveaway EVER!
1. Make a tea-infused simple syrup by placing two teapigs Peppermint teabags in a jar. Steep in 1/2 cup of boiling water for 10 mins with lid on, stir in 1/2 of sugar until dissolved. Cool- You can leave the teabags in the syrup overnight for extra minty flavour!
2. Add 1oz cooled simple syrup and 1oz of rum to your glass.
3. Tear up some mint leaves and add a bundle to each glass.
4. Add sparkling water until the cup is about half full. We used lime Pellegrino to give our cocktails a bit more flavour!
5. Here’s the fun part- add the popsicles! I used each popsicle to “muddle” the mint a bit, and topped up each drink with more sparkling water if the glasses weren’t quite full with the extra volume added.
5. Garnish with lime slices, stir and serve! Simple, colourful, and oh so delicious, these “Poptails” are sure to be a hit at every Spring party!
*Tea tip- you can also add the syrup to your favourite iced tea or iced latte for an extra minty kick!
Want to win some teapigs for yourself? You can score this amazing prize pack this week on Twitter (scroll down for details!)
The Prize Pack //
4 x marble coasters
2 x confetti glasses
1 x marble wine cooler
1 x gold cocktail shaker
4 x packs of teapigs tea!
The Rules //
Contest will run till the evening of Friday April 8th!
This post was sponsored, but all opinions are my own. To inquire about sponsored posts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org