In our world, no one is ever too old to believe in Santa Claus, and why would he visit without a tasty treat to tempt him?
We wanted to whip something extra special up for old Saint Nick this year, so we decided to do a new spin on our cereal milk recipe: cookie milk! This concoction is perfect for the King of Christmas when he’s on the run and doesn’t have time for a proper snack, and oh my, is it ever so delicious. We highly recommend making a big enough batch to share with your friends and family – it’s sure to get you on the nice list.
Making this sweet holiday treat was made even more fun thanks to adorable rainbow shopping lists and letters to Santa. With the help of Papermate Inkjoy Gel Pens we were able to turn our notes into rainbow works of art (also, because they’re so fast drying they’re great for the lefty on your list!)
Scroll down for full recipe!
Mini Rainbow Chips Ahoy cookies
2.5 cups of soy milk (or alternative of your choice)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
6oz boiling water
Maple Syrup and sprinkles (optional for rimming)
(Makes 2 cups)
You’ll need about 45 mins for this step.
1. Crush the Mini Cookies inside the bag until they are small to medium size crumbs.
2. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the cookie crumbs onto a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 mins until you can start to smell the cookies and they start to brown.
4. In a medium size bowl add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt, boil a small amount of water to dissolve the mixture.
5. Measure out 2 1/2 cups of milk alternative (we used soy) and add it to the bowl.
6. Add your toasted cookies, stir and allow to steep in the fridge for 30 mins.
7. After the 30 mins transfer into another bowl using a sifter with cheesecloth to collect the cookie dust. You may need to strain multiple times to collect all of it.
Now rim your glass and you’re ready for Santa!